“You can’t manage it if you don’t measure it”
Performing an Environmental Baseline Audit enables you to accurately assess the Energy, Water & Waste consumption patterns of your organisation.
This information is vital for evaluating operating efficiencies, proving cost saving opportunities, and providing input for your management and sustainability reports.
Get the skills to effectively measure and manage the environmental footprint of your business.
What does a Baseline Audit provide?
Environmental Baseline Auditing provides three key components for a variety of sites from households, estates, office buildings & office parks, to restaurants, hotels, and factories.
- Environmental Bottom Line: Determine accurate baseline Energy, Water, & Waste consumption patterns – compare them against operational efficiencies and environmental standards, and set targets to reduce.
- Governance & Systems Evaluation: Assess how your policies and processes align with latest regulations and principles for environmental auditing and sustainability reporting.
- Strategic Planning: Obtain accurate information that proves how much you can save – confidently motivate for implementation of sustainability initiatives in your business.
What can you expect from the course?
The course is an interactive (that means enjoyable) TWO & HALF-DAY training workshop that combines up-to-date theory and local case studies with practical experiential learning on-site at Intaka Island and Canal Walk. We encourage you to actively participate, share your experiences and network with others on the course.
Each participant receives a workbook, additional electronic resource material, and a certificate of attendance.
What is the course content?
The course content contains theory, but is mostly practical and experiential, and includes:
Theory: Overview of Environmental Auditing & Reporting for Sustainability
- Beyond Compliance – Context of measuring, evaluating, auditing & reporting for Sustainability
- Green Economics – Governance principles, standards and strategy for the new economy
- Compliance – Key provisions of Environmental Law & National Environmental Management Acts
- Sustainability Auditing & Reporting – Methodologies, frameworks, assessment tools & tech solutions
Practical: Conducting an Environmental Baseline Audit
- Where to Start? Step-by-step planning and preparation process
- What to Measure? Defining the baseline scope and boundaries
- How to Measure? Assessment indicators and data collection tools
- How to Report? Presenting quality environmental baseline audit information
Practical: Evaluating & Interpreting Environmental Baseline Data
- Interpret – Identifying environmentally efficient opportunities around Energy, Water & Waste
- Motivate – Costing and motivating implementation of sustainability interventions
- Follow-up – Reviewing processes, strategy and future planning
Who should attend?
The workshop is highly recommended for:
- Sustainability Managers
- Development & Property Managers
- Facilities, Operations and Building Managers
- Safety & Environment (OHSE) Managers
- Auditors, Energy, Water, and Waste consultants